Eye Make Up Tips Every Bride Should Know
When it comes to wedding day eye makeup, there’s no room for error. Here are the tips every bride should know.
- Get as much sleep as possible the night before the big day. I know! I know! Most brides say they just can’t sleep for no reason, they could be excited or something. But please try to calm yourself – get a massage early that night or listen to a good guided meditation. Insight Timer is an app I use to meditate. It’s effective, I swear!
- If your eyes look red or tired on the day, use eye drops. I always bring ant-red eye drops for emergency purposes but it would be better if you will bring your own, this way you can be sure that you’ve used tried this brand before and not worry about unwelcoming surprises.
- Apply concealer to banish dark circles under your eyes. Remember to choose the right shade. Don’t use too light or too dark if you don’t want to look like a raccoon!
- Use matte eye shadows for that timeless look. Don’t use glittery eye shadow may look silly ten years from now. Remember that you always want to achieve a timeless look. Something that your grandchildren will still find it beautiful in pictures years from now.
- Use brown to dark brown waterproof eyeliners instead of black. I always go for browns as these colors make great impact without looking overdone. And yes, waterproof products are your best buddy on your wedding day as you are most likely to cry… A LOT! 😀
- Wear smaller amount of makeup products as possible. My ultimate goal for bridal make up is to make eyes pop without too much product. I want brides to look just the exact best versions of themselves.
- Blend well. Don’t leave any harsh lines since cameras pick up visible makeup lines.
- If you opt to wear colored contact lenses, choose colors closest to brown. Oh please! Don’t wear blue or green lenses on your wedding! You might scare your groom when he meets you at the altar!
- Don’t pluck your eyebrows at the last minute of your wedding as this will cause swelling of the eye area. Carefully shave the excess hairs instead of using tweezers.
- Define your brows with a pencil or powder that matches your hair color and remember to make them look natural. I use three matching colors that gives a gradient effect making your brows looking very natural.
- Highlight your brow bone with an off-white to light nude shade highlighter. This is plays an important part in making your eyes pop.
- Wear the perfect pair of eyelashes. Make sure it’s of the right length, right volume and 100% human hair.
- Think seriously about hiring a makeup artist; everyday makeup is different from your wedding day needs.
Take note of these things as this will complete the whole bridal look you’ve been dreaming of.
Beauty by Jey Make Up Artistry | Professional Make Up Artist | Airbrush Make Up Specialist | Internationally Trained | Wedding Make Up Artist
Quexon City | Makati | Manila | Alabang | Las Pinas | Tagaytay | Laguna | Batangas | Bulacan